Successful businessmen need up to date information. It has to be accurate, meaningful and relevant. They will have budgets and forecasts to compare against and will expect the highest standards in variance analysis.
Small business owners are entitled to the same level of service as large companies and why shouldn’t they ask for the same level of accountancy support?
Here are some of the areas we cover:-
1. Budgets and forecasting. From very simple to quite complex, budgets are not just for big business. This is one of the first areas which a bank manager will look for and you can have top notch budgets prepared and ready.
2. Cash flow forecasts. Absolutely vital. You can be profitable and still run out of cash. A proper cash flow forecast can be quite a challenge and really need to seek advice from someone who has done this in industry and not just in theory.
3.VAT returns. Absolutely vital to get these correct. The penalties can be severe and you don’t need this worry on top of managing your business.
4. Emergency reconciliation work. We rarely plan for the unexpected.But there are times when things go wrong, maybe a key account hasn’t been reconciled or some of the records are destroyed and suddenly you find yourself under real pressure to come up with an answer. We have been in this situation and understand the pressures and the need for objective advice.
5. Year end accounts. Bookkeeping usually takes the figures to a basic level or simple trial balance.To produce the year end accounts you have to consider all the accruals and prepayments. This requires a deeper level of understanding and we can talk through these issues with you.
6. Commercial advice.As a business owner you will sometimes want to ask “does this make sense?”. We can be there to talk through the challenges.